Capricorn was built by Harland and Wolff in 1935 as a 71ft 'small woolwich' motor. During the war, Capricorn was used as a training boat. She was then sold to British Waterways where she worked around London, then around Hilmorton. In the 1960s she was shortened and converted at Charity Dock to 50ft, and her National engine was removed.
Brinklow Boat Services have removed the windows in the cabin conversion and replaced them with portholes. Also Rex Wain has lined the interior