Antlia is a 'Small Northwich' motor boat built by W. J. Yarwood and Sons for the Grand Union Canal Carrying Company in 1935. She is of iron composite construction (iron sides and an elm bottom) and was used for carrying until the 1960s when she was cut in half to form two hire boats as part of the British Waterways pleasure boat fleet. The bow formed part of the cruiser Water Vixen and the stern was incorporated into the tug Tardebigge.
In 1990 the present owner purchased the tug Tardebigge which was in a derelict state on the bank having been used as a maintenance boat for numerous years. Three years later, Terry purchased the original bow of Antlia which was being used as a converted, cruiser style narrowboat named Kitty.
It was then up to Brinklow Boat Services to re-unite the two original sections of the boat together to form a 60ft working boat. This work included a new steel base plate, new front and back cants, and a new riveted back cabin and engine room. Several years later the owner decided to have a 25ft cabin extension fitted over the hold to allow extra accomodation which was welded into position by Brinklow.